11/13/2007

More Munchkins! And Hair Ranting...






Ah ha! They had no idea what hit 'em! I snuck up on these little buggers with my camera and they were actually very excited. I also teach older kids who I'll get pictures of, too. But the little ones are the cutest...and who doesn't love cute kids! So here they are - Mac is in the red. He's a sweet kid. A little hyperactive but what 8 year old isn't? He's also in the class with Joey and Joon, but Mac is the most tame out of them all. The other kiddies are my second lowest level class. They make me crack up because they have so much energy. They made me take 3 pictures just to get it right. "No teacher....again!!"

I have nothing especially entertaining or life-changing to report. I'm finished crying and wallowing for now :) I am sick of doing my hair though. It's only been like a month and a half and I'm ready to cut it all off. But as I learned freshman year of college, short hair is not my friend either. So, I've just been dealing with it. I probably should've thought this through a little bit more, but I'm tired of my hair being an excuse not to do something. I fell prey to this fallacy senior year when I started pressing my hair. Well, working out came to a grinding halt for fear of sweating it out. So, for a year, I was fat and lazy. But my hair was fly! I stopped getting braids because I missed my hair and for some reason, I believed all those lies about braids being "unprofessional" in the workplace. Yeah right! And I didn't feel like holding a press conference about my hair every single day trying to explain "how it works". So here I am, back at square one...sorta. My hair and I have a love/hate relationship to say the least. We've battled through the years....maybe one day I'll stop fighting with her. Lately, I've been letting her do whatever she wants because I don't have the energy to deal. She always wins anyway. But I'll figure it out. I've still got awhile yet before I really start to get irritated. My black friends here all have unique situations. One girl is black & Korean so her hair care needs and texture is significantly different. One girl does her own perms which look pretty good actually but I worry. And one girl just gets weaves done in Seoul. Again, I'm not one for experimenting out here. So I've got some Googling to do. :)

Well, I'm off to read my new magazines! My parents sent me a care package today! I have grits, pancake mix, oatmeal, almonds, GQ, O magazine, and "Eat, Pray, Love" (which I've already read 40 pages of!). I'm loving it!! It's amazing the things you miss from home. One of my friends today suggested Thailand for Christmas....how awesome would that be??? Pretty amazing....but it'll have to wait. I can't afford Thailand right now. I'll be going next summer more than likely so I'd better save up. Until next time, J

3 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Love your blog.

Sunshine said...

You know "Eat Pray love" was our last book club book! it was awesome...

Mademoiselle M said...

aw they are so cute!