2/16/2008

My Bucket List...



Yes, I've been inspired by the movie to create my very own bucket list. Now, if what a good psychic told me is true, I won't be dying til around 91 or 92. I have 67 years to do all this stuff and that should be plenty of time. Some of my items are the same as the movie...I mean, after all, who wouldn't want to see the Taj Mahal or the Pyramids???! So, here goes.

MY BUCKET LIST

- Visit Japan (Harajuku and Shibuya – take pics with Harajuku Kids!!!)
- Visit Thailand (stay in a bungalow on the water, get a massage!!)
- See the Great Wall of China
- Learn Korean
- Learn Italian
- Go skydiving
- Get a Master’s Degree in International Relations
- Work for the United Nations or the Dept. of State
- Be a good role model for young Blacks
- Live in Italy
- Visit South Africa
- Visit Egypt and Morocco
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Buy a Nissan Z-car OR BMW Z3
- Learn how to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Take a road trip across the United States with Meeka
- Party in Vegas
- Start a scholarship organization to send minority students abroad
- Buy a piece of property overseas
- Re-visit Venezuela with Kell and LeeLee
- Live abroad
- Write a book or become a travel writer
- Be a great mom
- Travel around Southeast Asia
- Visit Los Angeles and Hollywood
- Meet Will Smith
- Sit courtside at a NBA game
- Go to the Oprah Show with Mom
- Own a house with a tennis court
- Finish my scrapbooks
- Learn to snowboard
- Drive through New England in the fall
- Go fishing on a secluded lake
- Cruise around Alaska
- Learn French
- Learn how to swim
- Visit Hawaii
- See the Taj Mahal
- Visit Stongehenge
- Climb Machu Picchu
- Ride a horse
- Ride an elephant
- Ride a camel
- Find a partner who appreciates me everyday
- See the Grand Canyon at sunset (or sunrise)
- Find God
- Learn to salsa well
- Visit Bahia, Brazil
- See the rainforest of South America
- Conquer the self-doubt


Not surprisingly, most of my things are travel-related. It is a work in progress and I realize that having kids and a family may squelch a few things, but....maybe not. :) Actually, come to think of it, having a family may actually enrich all of these things! Nothing on my bucket list talks about wealth or money. Although I do want those things, I don't look at my list and say "Oh my God, it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg!" I focus on the end result and the experience. I figure the money will work itself out. So, I encourage everyone to make a real bucket list. No matter how crazy or absurd. Once you start, the ideas won't stop. Yes, I am 24 and I don't know how to swim. I dropped out of my YMCA classes at age 6, after the first lesson where they took me to the deep end and I had a complete anxiety attack. I am still terrified of swimming, but I am going to learn! So, maybe you've had some ideas floating around in your head for awhile. Write it down. Put it on paper. Carry it around. I'm pretty sure you'll start checking things off...a bucket list is just a map so that when someone asks you where you're going, you simply tell them, "Everywhere." Until then, J

*~*If you let your fears keep you from flying, you will never reach your height...*~* - India Arie

6 comments:

Christina said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

kuesooM said...

Hey, I luv your blog. Haven't watched the movie, but love your list. A lot of them are similar to what I would have on mine.

I feel certain that you have to will power and drive to achieve what you set your mind to. So if those items are important to you, God willing, they will be attainable.

Au Naptural said...

"Start a scholarship organization to send minority students abroad"

You do the financials and I'll write the grants. This is one of my goals as well.

Au Naptural said...

Pendeja! Where have you been? I miss you.

Ms. Rolling stone said...

Love it!

Thanks for the push to create my own...I'll even brave it and post it on my blog too...

jocelyn_t_florence said...

Bahia, Brazil - that is on my list too! I am crossing it off with Carnival 2009. If you're there look me up.