4/18/2008

Friday Goodies

I don't have much to report actually, but I took some pictures of my kids and gym friends. I had a revelation this week though. I am OLD! It took two godawful tennis practices for it to dawn on me. I am NOT in high school. I am SLOW and I am OLD. Period. And nothing is worse than being told just how bad you are in another language, with someone having to translate all the horribleness. But everyone at the court was really nice and friendly, mostly rich ajummas. They want me to come back. For some more laughs I'm sure. I am an embarrassment. Really. But I haven't picked up a tennis racket in about 2 years so I guess I'm not terrible considering the circumstances. I had a couple "Wow, I'm in Korea" moments. After getting my ass whupped by a smoking, 40-year old man (yes, my tennis instructor SMOKES!), I sat there in the afterglow, eating a popsicle with the breeze blowing and sweat drying and I thought, "Holy crap, I'm in Korea...playing tennis! And I don't have work for another 2.5 hours!!" That's another thing - I LOVE my schedule. I really don't know if I'll adjust so well to waking up at 7am again. Noonish seems to work just perfectly for me. Oh yeah, so my brother IS coming to visit me after all. I think I see Tokyo in my future. :)

Ok, enough rambling. Here are my pics. I'll have more goodies after the weekend. Until then, J


Little people! Startin' em young with the Tiger Woods/Michelle Wie stuff...


Brandy, moi, David (right) and my absolute favorite student, Arigato (center). He is SUCH a smart ass but he keeps me laughing. If he ever quits, I may have trouble keeping it together!!


(L to R) Tom, Eric, Juno, John, and Jack (in front). Tom is, without a doubt, the brightest kid in the whole school. I love him!!



Ray (L) and Justin (aka Justine!!) I could just pinch Justin's cheeks I swear. So adorable.


My post-workout "glow"...HA!!! Yeah right...I sweat like a mule...


Sean....he swears he is Mr. Hollywood. With his "Gucci" necklace and "Dior" bracelet...stop playin, Sean. With that extra smedium suit...that's my buddy though!


Jay...and yes those are shiny silver pants but he is cute so it's okay!

6 comments:

t-HYPE said...

Cool blog!
I'm glad to know black folks are doing well in Korea. (I should be there in August.)

Um, I'ma need to get the name of your gym so I can check up on Justin(e) and see if he's okay...
;)

Maya said...

Hahaha, this is so funny. Wow @ "Justine"...

kaytea said...

Hey,
Justin(e) is very cute. Good to know you're having fun. Btw, I didn't get to read the article you mentioned on my blog. Could you send me the link?

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

get that tennis game together folk, i played in college when at morehouse

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

keep me posted i used to be an expait too, nigeria, s. africa, senegal and ethiopis. and also nice blog, do chk me out if i can & let me know if i can add u to my blog roll, via comment, email or shout box

Juanita said...

Love the pictures! I enjoyed the post, "old lady Joia", hahaha! (Don't feel bad. At least your parents didn't call you, "grandma" as a teenager like mine did!)