5/20/2008

Imaginary Korean Boyfriends #3-8

I have officially caught the "Yellow Fever". This term refers to when foreigners in particular start to become obsessed with Asian culture...or at least the guys!! So, my last imaginary Korean boyfriends were biracial. However, I've been drooling over a few others who are all Korean and in my opinion, pretty damn hot too! First up is Crown J, Korean rapper with SO MUCH swagger. He lived in Cali for 12 years and graduated from UCLA so he's basically American. How come I never saw Korean guys like this growing up!??! Anyway, it's funny but I've been hearing his music at the gym for awhile now but didn't know it was him. Then last night, I almost FELL OFF the treadmill when I saw him on TV. I pulled over Justin and said, "Uhhhh, who is this???" And when he told me, he asked, "Oh, you like him??" And I could only nod my head like a deaf mute.





Ok, so Crown J just got married to this chick. She's cute. *eye roll*teeth sucking* hahaha...However, I'll keep looking!! He's yummy.

Then there's Kwon Sang Woo....ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.....sorry, my mind went blank. He's an actor. Ummmmmmmmmmm...sorry, wiping the spittle off my keyboard. He's just plain hot. And I appreciate all opportunities to stalk...um...see him. :) The fact that he is usually half-dressed doesn't bother me at all.


This is So Ji Sub, another actor. I actually bought a calendar with him plastered all over it. Granted, sometimes he can look a little girly, which is a quality that seems to be popular in men here. But overall, I like the way he's put together so I'll slather another pic on here! You are welcome...



Hyun Bin, an actor who has the ability to be both cheek-pinchingly adorable (oh those dimples!) and incredibly sexy...how does he do it?!





Gong Yoo, hot actor from my favorite drama, The First Shop of Coffee Prince...**swoon**



And then there's this guy, who's in a category all by himself...he's not even famous. He's a celebrity personal trainer in Korea...and he's just WOW!!! It really makes no earthly sense for a person to be this attractive. Choi Seong-jo...future imaginary HUSBAND!!




If I ever bump into any of these lovelies on the street, you just might be reading about me in the news. The headline might go a little something like this: "Deranged, Heathen Foreigner Assaults and Violates Five Korean Men In One Day" Uh huh....that's me!!! Gonna be famous for attacking poor, unassuming hot Korean guys. Just to demonstrate how much of the "Yellow Fever" I have, I went out and bought some "personality frames" (as Jar calls it). I'm almost Korean, yall!! Well except that I don't speak Korean, hate kimchi, and OH YEAH, I'M BLACK!!! But here goes anyway...


Well, Jar is driving me up a wall but that's okay! I've felt bad because we haven't been able to spend lots and lots of time together. As I look over at the big, snoring lump of flesh and crazy that is my brother, I just smile to myself. It's the only peace and quiet I've had since he arrived. :) But I know will miss his silly behind once he's gone. Gotta pack....Sayonara, folks!!! Updates and pics on Sunday!! Until then, J

16 comments:

MoJo said...

Crown J really didn't get married to Seo In Young. It's just a fake marriage for the reality tv show We Got Married, so you still have a chance. Oh, I should mention that if you want to see We Got Married with subtitles, you can watch it on Coolsmurf's channel on youtube.

By the way, I love your blog.

Anaylli said...

Hey, you've got great taste in imaginary korean boyfriends, especially KSW, lol. Oh and Crown J isn't really married to her, that's just for a tv show.
Have fun with your brother! Great blog btw :o)

Anonymous said...

Its okay Joia - I caught Yellow Fever a year or two ago and I haven't yet recovered.

Andy M said...

Sorry to say, but Crown Jay looks good from the neck down *^^*

Joia said...

@ mojo and anaylli...YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!! There's hope for me now...I bet he likes chocolate!! Oh yes...

@ Andy --- ouch!! That's my future husband...or so I'd like to think! :) Lol

NYCdiva261 said...

I first wanna say I love your blog. Im traveling to Seoul in a couple of months, just for vacay tho.

And Im so in love with Crown J also. By the way, im not sure where you got your info about him living in NYC for 12 years, I know that he was in the US for 14 years, and went to high school in colorado, he also spends alot of time in Atlanta. And he definently likes chocolate, He says he has a crush on Ciara. So i guess there is hope for all us chocolate girls with yellow fever!

JustaLolita said...

OMG! Sista I feel your pain! I dated a Krn guy in SF for a year... and NOW IM HOOKD!

JamasiaN said...

I am soooo mad. I'm on a Korean diet and here you have scrumptious men of Korean decent.


I'm gonna do my Chinese homework right now.

Diane said...

Gong yoo, hyun bin, crown J all my favorites!!!u got taste girl :) ( although bi rain and danniel Henney are missing...), well hope you enjoyed your journey, and caught one like thta back home...

Joia said...

Diane, not to worry - D. Henney is my FIRST imaginary Korean boyfriend :) I did a post on him, too. http://joiasia.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-imaginary-korean-boyfriendand.html

I'm not a huge fan of Rain. He's a bit too girly for me in most cases, but I did appreciate him (and his body) very much in Ninja Assassin!!!

woodsthomas10 said...

i'm in love with rain he is all kinds of sexxy
oh yeah and the guys from far east movement foine as hell
i just wish i knew some sexy ass Asians where i live

Erin Mack said...

So Ji Sub...I only have one word: DAYUM!

I'm thinking of coming over to teach English this fall and definitely wouldn't mind bumping into some of this eye candy.

Erin Mack said...

So Ji Sub...I only have one word: DAYUM!

I'm thinking of coming over to teach English this fall and definitely wouldn't mind bumping into some of this eye candy.

Andrea said...

Lady, I dont know WHERE I found yer blog but I love ya! I hear ya on the kboy thing... my last bf was krn. I was and am sprung... and my cultural issue wasnt bein half mex... Im FAAT! haha

Anyway, I have dated plenty of asian since it ended and dragged em away from the whole cutesie asian gitl thing... feel ya on the teeth suckin!

You make me wanna pack up and move to s kra!

Kamsamnidaaaaa! *smile wink peace*

Andrea said...

Lady, I dont know WHERE I found yer blog but I love ya! I hear ya on the kboy thing... my last bf was krn. I was and am sprung... and my cultural issue wasnt bein half mex... Im FAAT! haha

Anyway, I have dated plenty of asian since it ended and dragged em away from the whole cutesie asian gitl thing... feel ya on the teeth suckin!

You make me wanna pack up and move to s kra!

Kamsamnidaaaaa! *smile wink peace*

JKK said...

I'm gonna try to snap a pic of a teacher @ my daughter's middle school to send to you. Mr. Moon... fly... buffed... on the short side but a total hottie...