7/06/2008

Me and My Hanbok...





It was only a matter of time before I ended up wearing a hanbok and I must say it doesn't look so bad on me. They're so gorgeous and comfortable. That little hat reminded me of a decorated jelly donut that I wanted to eat though. It kept sliding down into my eyes. So yeah, David and I went to a traditional Korean village in Namsan. For $1, we could play dress up like ancient Korean royalty. I know the different outfits mean different things, but I couldn't tell you what this means. Sorry. I have a Korean friend here who just got married and she was wearing this one in a particular Korean ceremony so perhaps this means newlywed. Which is funny....ha. Cuz I'm not.

**this old man was about ready to get off work I think**



We walked around there, played some old Korean games, and watched drum performances. I thoroughly enjoyed it. After that, we went to La Cantina, supposedly the first Italian restaurant in Seoul. And let me say that they must have little old Italian ladies in the back of that kitchen. I've had some "Italian" food here before and it was an embarrassment to all of Italy. Fettucine Alfredo that looked and tasted like old mop water. SHAMEFUL! But this place...a gal could get chubby hanging out there. Great calamari, Caesar salad prepared at the table, good wine, pasta and tiramisu. I thought this tab would easily have topped $100 but the prices were actually reasonable. So, if you're in Seoul, go there. Yes.

Then we went around Myeong-dong for shopping. It's a nice area that I rarely go to though because the crowds are just outta control. But let's talk about my JACKED UP priorities. I'm supposed to be looking for summer clothes and beachy stuff for this trip. Did I buy summer clothes, you ask? HELL NO!! I bought 4 more bags...because I'm a junkie. And this is what addicts do. You can't even go near the stuff really. So when I come home and have to pay $200 because my suitcase is overweight, I won't have anyone to blame but myself...and of course, Korea.

I hung out with Bryan on Friday night which was fun. It's funny because I didn't realize he permed his hair so when he showed up with some tendrils, I was like, "Oh wait a minute..." His stuff was extra bouncy and fluffy. Kinda threw me but anyway, we saw "Wanted". And because I have a slight obsession with Angelina Jolie (and her boo), I loved it. BUT, I was quite pissy that all previews failed to mention this DELICIOUSNESS!!! This man's swexy factor is OFF THE RADAR...and whoever was responsible for advertising and promotion of this film needs to be kicked in the back of the head and thrown from a speeding train. HOW DARE YOU!!!!! I know he's linked to Serena Williams at present, but just know that his love for ME runs very deep. :)

**swoon**
**Thank you, Lord**

This weekend I will have to go see my other husband, Mr. Smith, in Hancock. Smooth shaven? Check. Tight, leather suit? Check. Bulging biceps? Check. Swexiness? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!! There's a reason why I am not in Hollywood because I would lose...my...damn...mind...

Until then,

J

8 comments:

Candydiva04 said...

1st that little gray dress is cute!!!
2nd Common was INDEED ridiculously sexy in Wanted!! and should have had a larger role so i could admire more of the sexiness
3rd and MOST IMPORTANT he's MINE, back off!! LOL.

Juanita said...

1. That hanbok is too cute! You should turn that second picture into a post card and send it to your friends, lol.

2. David should be a tour guide, for real for real! I think that it's cool that he's taking you to such interesting places.

3. Thanks for the eye candy near the end of this post! Now I have to see that movie!

Anaylli said...

Hey, you look great in that Hanbok! Suits you very well...
@ Common :::swoon::: I wish he had a bigger part in the film, but he was good :)

Ms. Jackson said...

The third pic of you with the jelly donut hat is so pretty. The pic with that gray shirt--umm where are your pants!!?!??! And shouts to my man and fellow FAM alum Common--FAM-U, FAM-U, FAM-Got-Damn-U Alright Alright Alright!

BlackGirl said...

I think you looked sweet in your Hanbok. Is it as complicated to put on as a Kimono?

coinlockersbaby5 said...

Your dress is so cute! Did you buy it in Korea? I think you should do a post on shopping. I hear that Korean sizes are super small and its hard to find anything if you're larger than a size 4. Is that true?

gracer said...

Common is your husband? I guess when he isn't seeing me. JK. I enjoy your blog very much and love your fun entries.

Peace.

Joia said...

I see yall have been MISINFORMED...Common is all MINES!!! Lol...just playin. I bet he's got enough loooooovvveeee for all of us! :) But please don't let me catch him alone in a dark alley... or in broad daylight for that matter...

@ BlackGirl...never tried on a kimono BUT hanbok was pretty easy. There's a long slip dress underneath then the main piece which just wrapped around and buttoned near the neck. Almost passed out though since it was hot as hell...

@ Juanita, yeah David's a great tour guide. He knows so much about Korea. I feel kinda whack cuz if someone wanted a tour of the US, they'd be shit outta luck with me...

@ MsJackson, I've warned you once about shouting out whack schools on my blog...you will be reprimanded. JK...I love FAMU, but ONLY because you and Common went there.. :)

@ coinlockersbaby...I didn't buy it (although I kinda want one now) I rented it for $1...lol. Korean sizes are pretty small. I think their larges are like size 8 or something ridiculous. Thats why I stick to t-shirts, socks and bags!

@ gracer, THANKS FOR THE LOOOOOVVEE! Your blog is pretty funny too...:)